culture crash

I am an Indonesian, currently I'm living in both Germany and Italy for my study. I like to observe people and cultures. This is a very interesting phase in my life; that I have the chance to observe both Italian and German cultures with my Indonesian point of view. Here I scribbled everything interesting that I found.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Asian guy stereotype

Ok, again about stereotype. Just played some dance earlier. And there was a random chinese player played with us. He mostly then talked in Chinese language to our friend who was also a chinese. At some point of those long conversation in weird characters then our friend laughed, he said that this person was asking how about the american girl players in the game (I am playing in US server), do they have big tits? *excuse my language, im just rewriting what he said*, to which us gurls responded, ewwwwwww.
But then our friend just went on and said, oh, come on, that's just typical an asian guy. I thought u dated one before, he said to my friend, who is korean-american. She just responded, well so what, asian guy is just like normal guys, just like .
Well, I'm with her. I have no idea before that asian guy has that kind of stereotype: liking big ****?
Wait but im Indonesian, which is Asian too, and so is my bf. Does that make him in that stereotype too? And, come to think of it, does Indonesia really considered as part of asian ppl? I mean it seems when ppl r discussing abt asian, then its chinese ppl that comes up [1] [2].

4 Comments:

Blogger Ismail Habib said...

*tutttttt* (censored)

12:28 PM  
Blogger lite said...

hahahaha, isnt censors usually sound like : *beep* (abbreviation from "beeb!habeeb!dont be naughty!" xD )
how sweet of u to leave comments on almost all of my post! post s.thing in ur blog, will u, so i can comment on s.thing :P

4:51 PM  
Blogger Ismail Habib said...

I will... done!

Leave something please, I'd appreciate it if you give some on-topic-comments kekeke...

nah... j/k... anything is fine :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm...big ***? I dont know whether I want to answer this question or not ^^ Even though you did not expect any answer, though ^^

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home